ABOUT CURRENT CO-OP
Current CO-OP is a studio space run by Current Studio. It provides affordable shared artist studios to contemporary visual artists. Located two doors south of Current Studio at 1214 N Penn Ave, Current CO-OP offers affordable 24/7 studio space in Oklahoma City with open studio access for up to 30 artists.
The CO-OP community space has 30 individual lockers for storage, common area work tables, a utility sink, drying racks, and two unisex restrooms. There is an additional area where artists can store larger items necessary for making, such as an easel.
This studio is not open to the public for visitation. Artists may welcome visitors for studio visits so long as they are not disruptive of other artists at work. There is no mandate of a number of hours an artist must be on site or working.
CO-OP MEMBERSHIP - $100/MO
- Access to 2,000 square foot open floor plan shared studio space
- Use of all communal tables, communal equipment, and open wall space in the studio
- Personal locker to store supplies
- 24/7 access
- Personal entry key card
- Utilities: Climate Control, Wi-Fi, Water
- Utility sink
- One hour of free consultation with Current Studio staff
- 10% off Current Studio workshops/services
- Optional participation in Member Salon pop-up shows at Current Studio
- One image and link to artist website from the Current CO-OP Member Page
THE FINE PRINT: There is a $10 replacement charge for lost key cards. Membership is granted upon signing a studio contract alongside first month's rent as well as $100 deposit. Memberships are month-to-month with no long-term commitments. Current Studio requires 30 days written notice of termination of membership. Members who fail to pay rent without giving 30 days notice will lose immediate access to Current CO-OP, lose his/her deposit, and surrender any belongings left behind in the studio. Artists are responsible for individual renter's insurance for personal/professional belongings. (See an insurance option here.)
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR CURRENT CO-OP MEMBERS
- Respect the privacy and personal space of fellow members; no unsolicited critiques.
- Use headphones to listen to music.
- Cell phone use is only permitted in common areas when no one else is around to hear your conversation.
- No sleeping overnight.
- No smoking or vaping anywhere in the building. Do no prop doors open to step outside for smoking or vaping.
- Clean up after yourselves. Place easels, tables, and any other equipment back where you found them. Place your artwork in a drying rack, or appropriate storage area, and all other supplies in your locker. Leave the space the way you would like someone else to leave it for you. There are cleaning supplies throughout the studio for your use. No one likes mystery paint on their clothes or artwork.
- Do not leave smelly trash or food in the open studio garbage bins. Please use kitchen garbage bin for food waste.
- Do not pour turpentine or other chemicals down the drains. You are responsible for disposing of all hazardous materials properly.
- No spray paint in the studios.
- You may leave an area set up for one hour, but you must leave a note detailing the time you will return. Please be mindful of others who may need the work space.
- If you did not bring it to the studio, don't use it. Studio members may only use personal supplies and the equipment provided by Current CO-OP. Use only what is yours, no matter how convenient.
- Always close all studio doors behind you. All members must work to keep the building secure at all times.
- No pets are allowed in the studio.
- This studio is not open to the public for visitation. Artists may welcome visitors for studio visits so long as they are not disruptive of other artists at work.
- There is no mandate of a number of hours an artist must be on site or working.