There are Nasty Women Exhibitions happening all over the world.
Current Studio is happy to organize and host the one in Oklahoma City, because we have nasty women here too. This call is open to any nasty woman in Oklahoma, the United States, or the world who wants to submit.
NEED INSPIRATION? Watch the poem #NastyWoman as performed by Nina Donovan in 2016.
This group exhibition, like all Nasty Women exhibitions, serves to demonstrate solidarity among artists who identify with being a Nasty Woman in the face of threats to roll back women's rights, individual rights, and abortion rights. This is an unapologetically feminist exhibition. If your artwork does not align with the intention of this exhibition, it will not be included.
- FEBRUARY 1 THROUGH MAY 1 » CALL FOR ENTRIES OPEN
- MAY 1 » SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE
- MAY 8 » ARTISTS NOTIFIED OF SELECTION
- JUNE 9-11» IN PERSON ARTIST DELIVERIES (NOON TO 6PM)
- JUNE 12-16 » SHIPPED ARTWORK RECEIVED
- JUNE 22 » NASTY WOMAN OPENING RECEPTION, 6 TO 9 PM
- JUNE 22-JULY 30 » EXHIBITION OPEN DURING GALLERY HOURS
- JUNE 13 » CURRENT THURSDAY : NASTY WOMEN, 6 TO 9PM
- JULY 30 » NASTY WOMAN CLOSING RECEPTION AND SUNDAY SOUP, 6 TO 9PM
- JULY 31-AUGUST 1 » IN PERSON ARTIST PICK UPS (NOON TO 6PM)
- AUGUST 2 » SHIPPED ARTWORK RETURNED
It is the goal of Current Studio for the Nasty Women exhibition to be radically inclusive. However, as we cannot predict the quantity of work that could be submitted, we reserve the right to decide not to include all work submitted. You may submit up to three pieces for consideration. The $10 entry fee* will be donated to the OKC Artists for Justice. We love the work they do and feel that it is important to support it. The more people submit, the more we can benefit this social justice art organization.
- All media will be considered eligible for exhibition including but not limited to 2D, 3D, Video (including GIFs), Digital Art (including Memes), Site specific installation, Performance, Poetry, Zines, and Sound Art.
- There are no restrictions on size.
- If site-specific installation or performance is proposed, accurate and sketched renderings must be provided, as well as ideal amount of space required.
- Artists shipping work to Current Studio are responsible for shipping and packaging costs both to and from the venue.
- We are unable to provide artist honorariums for this exhibition.
All artwork (excluding site specific installation, video, sound, digital art, and performance) must be available for purchase during the exhibition. Artist retains 75% of the sale of any artwork.
*All entry fees will be donated to OKC Artists for Justice minus the cost of credit card processing fees.